dish of the day
Skillet Barbecue Chicken
Prepare this simple barbecue chicken recipe in a skillet for a delicious dinner – ready in just 20 minutes!
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 20 min
- Servings 4
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- teaspoon (coarse) salt
- tablespoon olive oil
- cup honey-roasted garlic barbecue sauce
- cup water
- 1 Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Rub garlic over chicken; sprinkle with seasoning blend and salt.
- 2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Add barbecue sauce and water, scraping skillet to loosen brown particles; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.